Thursday, July 21, 2011

Random thoughts...

If I were a patient in the hospital and could have my choice of nurses to take care of me, including myself. I don’t think I would be my first choice, or for that matter even my second.

My new bachelor’s degree arrived and it says "Magna Cum Laude". Did the school do that great of a job if I had to Google what the hell Magna Cum Laude means?

Because even though your dog doesn't speak, I still understand him better. This is in reference to my past girlfriend's pet dogs.  

The “Daisy Award” is given to recognize outstanding nurses. Yes, it is a good award. However, as a man I really do not want my picture on some random wall of the hospital, and on the facility website labeling me a daisy.  (I have several theories as to why men still make up less than 10% of nurses. This would fall into one of those categories )

Why do I enjoy the guilty pleasure of watching stupid people being humiliated when Maury says, "You Are Not The Father".   

10 comments:

Amber said...

Congrats on the magna cum laude! LOL at the Daisy Award! I think you're onto something there.

Zazzy Episodes said...

Congrats NPO!!! Magna Cum Laude means you're the best of the best...flowers!
Soak it in and be a happy camper.

Cartoon Characters said...

well congratulations! :)

And thanks to your encouragement, I have enrolled in a university program. And yes, despite my better judgement, it is a nursing specialty course...

A Doc 2 Be said...

You know, there used to be a douche called the Daisy.

I would not want one of those awards with my name and picture on it either ... :D

Grats on Magna Cum Lucky ... haha!

Amanda Huston said...

If you enjoy when Maury tells people they "are not the father" you should enjoy the Jerry Springer show also!

NP Odyssey said...

Amber, thanks your a real daisy with new twins and being in school.

Zazzy, thanks and I don't feel like a flower, maybe a weed.

CC, glad to hear it is good to keep the brain active. It will be fun to hear your accounting of being in school. They just sent me the graduate schedule for the next 2 years.

Doc2be, thanks and how sad I remember those commercials as a kid.

Amanda, after 20 years I still can't watch Springer.

Just an Intern said...

Hahah I can't stop laughing at the idea of one of the male nurses getting a "daisy' award....even if it is a huge honor or whatever.

And everyone enjoys Maury!

I have added a link to you on my blog so I can follow along and read more!

Cathy said...

Congratulations!!! *confetti* I had to google it to. :)

Estelle Darling said...

One of my male classmates, an LPN going back for his RN degree, won the Daisy award. He wore the pin on his nametag with pride.

And I would totally pick you as my nurse, NPO. I mean, you should probably disregard the fact that I am in the habit of making bad decisions but i think I would be on point with this one. ;)

MissioNP said...

I would love to read your thoughts on why men are so rare in nursing.... I think it's a changing field right now, and notice more and more excellent male nurses, but want to hear your side of things!