Tuesday, October 18, 2011

To Change Your Future Alter Your Decisions Today

It has been a long time since I have felt this overwhelmed. On top of that, I am making stupid decisions by picking up shifts at the hospital. Staffing knows my school schedule, so they call me on my days off begging and saying we are short can you come in. News flash, you are always short quit being so cheap and hire some more nurses. It is hard to give up the easy money, but just picking up a shift burns you out for the day and makes it almost impossible to study after work. So finally, yesterday I told them I would not be working for at least the next 2 weeks.


I need to smarten up, because over the past two years I planned and budgeted so I would not have to work much once I got to this point.

In addition, I need to start taking care of my old brain cells and body, because I will not even go into how I have sabotaged and turned my eating, exercise and intermittent personal life into shit since school started. Time to get organized and refocused.

6 comments:

Lynda Halliger Otvos (Lynda M O) said...

I agree 100% with your last paragraph; you are the one who needs to take care of You. They will not, when push comes to shove, have your back.

Organize

Refocus on Your Needs

Get Quality Rest

stepping off soapbox

MamaDoodle said...

This is exactly how I'm feeling, though I'm not dealing with work, just family. I finally had to tell my husband that I just can't be all things anymore. Was pleasantly surprised when he said "then don't."

We will make it, right? Now back to get back to glomerulonephritis.

A Doc 2 Be said...

AGREE! If you do not focus on YOU, you will not be able to help others.

It is almost near impossible to be selfish but to be ultimately helpful, selfish now = more positive patient care later.

Keep the faith!

NPO said...

Lynda, Mama & AD2B, I hear a common theme from you people who have been there. Thanks and it will all work out.

Syndal said...

Identify this early - school makes everything more difficult! be sure to take good care of yourself..loved your news flash - it made me laugh. You must work at my hospital.

NPO said...

Syndal, no but after working at 15 different hospitals around the country while travel nursing and as staff, all hospitals are more similar than different.