Tuesday, February 8, 2011

Dead Blogs

Haven't been in the mood to write lately so I have been reading other people blogs from all over the world, and it has been interesting to say the least. I wish I could be creative and write like some of these people, but we all can't be like the Estelle's  of the world. Shit most of my writing involves school and research papers that I love it and hate it at the same time.

Although, one pet peeve I keep noticing is that most people list others blogs on their sites, which is a good thing. But, so many have blogs listed that I would consider dead, you know they have not had an entry in over a year

I clicked on one of these links recently that has not had a post since 2008. Obama was still running, the Jonas Brothers were on top and some people actually thought Sarah Palin had something to say. Who knows maybe that blogger really is dead?

7 comments:

Estelle said...

Haha. You know, my darling NP, I must confess that writing that stuff is really the only thing that keeps me semi-sane while trying to survive this last semester. ;)

Frazzled-Razzle-RN said...

I hear ya.

Nighthawke said...

Who knows. Perhaps they simply ran out of words to type. Or, as you postulate, perhaps they really are dead?

Whatever the case may be, I find that I get really enthralled with reading a blog about someones nursing school experiences, and then they promptly drop off the face of the blogosphere after they graduate.

Sure sure, better things to do then writing about nursing, but dangit, I want to read about your first year of nursing too!

NPO said...

Many seem to stop blogging after graduation or maybe they did not finish the program, but there are a few good nurse and doctor blogs

Marianne said...

Hahaha!!

I have this really ridiculous fear (I guess you can call it that) of my blog friends dying & me never knowing it, but their blogs just are there, in cyber space, never to be updated again.

Anyway, you left a comment on my blog the other day and I wanted to first say thanks for stopping by and commenting, but, also, I have STRONGLY considered being a traveling nurse to do just as you said, live in Hawaii & Florida and anywhere in between. Thanks so much for the encouragement!! And good luck on your journey to become and NP- obviously I'm focusing on just becoming an RN right now, but NP is definitely something I can see myself doing down the road.

Mark p.s.2 said...

I bet they lost their password and/sign in name.

Cartoon Characters said...

I often wonder what happens to the person on the other side of the "dead blog"....
Sometimes i wonder if anyone wants to even hear what I have to say.
Then I get back at it because i love to write....so who knows...maybe they do run out of things to say....