Tuesday, May 18, 2010

Bay to Breakers 2010

Check out the Bay to Breakers marathon/party on Sunday and it's something. The runners and walkers leave at 8 am, then a massive party follows the route over the next many hours, like Mardi Gras only the people were the parade, floats and entertainment all rolled into one, and it was anything goes.

But really it was 20 degrees below normal what the hell are some of those people doing naked? And wearing diapers is not funny, at least not on most of the people I saw. Maybe naked people and diapers just reminded me too much of confused patients. 

You also realize you are getting older when after 45 minutes of loud music, big crowds and drunks you look at each other and decide it is time to get out of here. Plus when you get propositioned by a young women for something from your dreams but need to walk away, your getting old. I was with a friend, however I don't know if I would have done anything different had she not been there.

So after bolting from the crowds we walked through some quite areas of town before eating and heading back. Next year I would like to attempt to run/jog the race on its 100th anniversary, but maybe only a little bit of the post activities.
Those houses in the background reminded me of that
 show Full House but I don't remember these neighbors.





1 comment:

Candi said...

Those are the houses from that show. Not sure about the neighbors, guess the place went to hell in a hand basket after Bob Saget moved out :0)