Friday, June 11, 2010

Doggie Dementia

I was doing some research online and procrastinating when I ran across an article about canine cognitive dysfunction. I've been around dogs most of my life, and frankly compared to people sometimes I prefer a dog's company. I still have fond memories of most of them, and this might explain a few of those dogs behaviors in later years.
They list symptoms of dog Alzheimer's or Dementia as:
Appearing to get lost of confused in familiar places.
Gets stuck in corners, under furniture or behind furniture.
Stares blankly into space or at walls, and maybe barks for no reason.
Paces or wanders aimlessly, or from room to room.
Knew where the yard ended, now wanders past normal boundaries.
No longer greets visitor or family members.


Wait I think that's MY diagnosis!


Far Side

No comments: