Monday, November 15, 2010

Don't get Old

If you were to ask the two things I hear more than anything else in the hospital from patients, it would be easy to answer.
Almost every shift a patient is guaranteed to do their imitation of Oliver Twist saying, "Please Sir, can I have some more", not referring to porridge, but their favorite friend, Dilaudid.

The other thing, because the majority of patients you work with in the hospital are older, they feel compelled to tell me about being old or something to that effect. Getting old sucks, just wait until you get this old, and usually when I'm helping them, they simple tell me not to get old.

Truth is I really only have two choices, but Bless their souls anyway, well most of them.



2 comments:

Raspberry Stethoscope said...

I was under the impression that they could write prescriptions, but not for controlled substances

Raspberry Stethoscope said...

Still, ARNPs in Florida had the right to prescribe medication, but NOT controlled substances.