Thursday, December 1, 2011

Good Luck?

Here is what my instructor emails me last night after hearing my story. “Please remember that a small bad luck prevents a big bad luck and turns into a good luck in the future.” She may be Asian and it may sound like confucious or a fortune cookie, but coming from her it meant a lot.   

It was not referring to my grades, but we will see if it applies after finals next week. She was trying to cheer me up after a long day. I had not slept much the night before and then spent 10 hours out at school and I was tired. Forgetting something, I emailed her a course question. Then seeing that it was 7:30 pm, I decided it was a good time to do a couple quick errands. My favorite little produce store was near Costco so I could grab a bag of persimmons and fill up my tank and no problem back in 30 minutes.

So produce in the back seat and tank filled up I get in to start my car at the Costco gas bar, turn the key and nothing happens. Long story short AAA; drop my car at the mechanics and a 30-minute trip turned into almost 3 hours.

Good thing I use the train to commute to school and I will be waiting for that good luck in the future.

3 comments:

A Doc 2 Be said...

Sometimes the smallest things said help keep us propelled to our destination with a smile and hope, rather than burnout and despair.

Very happy you found someone to boost your spirits and give you the lift!

NPO said...

AD2B,so do you and your experiences. :)

K Meyer said...

That was a thoughtful thing to say after something like that happens. Especially when you are in the throes of nursing school. Everything is so stressful during school. Good luck on the grades! I am a new follower.