Thursday, December 1, 2011

Good Luck?

Here is what my instructor emails me last night after hearing my story. “Please remember that a small bad luck prevents a big bad luck and turns into a good luck in the future.” She may be Asian and it may sound like confucious or a fortune cookie, but coming from her it meant a lot.   

It was not referring to my grades, but we will see if it applies after finals next week. She was trying to cheer me up after a long day. I had not slept much the night before and then spent 10 hours out at school and I was tired. Forgetting something, I emailed her a course question. Then seeing that it was 7:30 pm, I decided it was a good time to do a couple quick errands. My favorite little produce store was near Costco so I could grab a bag of persimmons and fill up my tank and no problem back in 30 minutes.

So produce in the back seat and tank filled up I get in to start my car at the Costco gas bar, turn the key and nothing happens. Long story short AAA; drop my car at the mechanics and a 30-minute trip turned into almost 3 hours.

Good thing I use the train to commute to school and I will be waiting for that good luck in the future.

3 comments:

A Doc 2 Be said...

Sometimes the smallest things said help keep us propelled to our destination with a smile and hope, rather than burnout and despair.

Very happy you found someone to boost your spirits and give you the lift!

NP Odyssey said...

AD2B,so do you and your experiences. :)

Kat said...

That was a thoughtful thing to say after something like that happens. Especially when you are in the throes of nursing school. Everything is so stressful during school. Good luck on the grades! I am a new follower.