Tuesday, April 6, 2010

Home is where you plant yourself.

I have lived in six different areas and some travel nursing also, so you get to talk to a lot of people from different parts of the country, and the world. It becomes funny how some people become defensive about where they live by putting down other places.

Tell people you are going to California and you hear, what about the fires and earthquakes? Talk about Seattle and people think it rains 24/7. Going to Florida and you hear about heat and hurricanes, and let's not forget Minnesota because most think it only thaws out for a few month in the summer. Yes each of these places earn some of the criticism because it's partially true, but not as much as it's characterized.

I do like where I am living now although the chances of being able to stay here after graduation may be dictated by employment opportunities. It just made me think about the other places I've lived and the good and bad.

No comments: