Sunday, April 3, 2011

Attitude

I've been stressed lately and there is no reason for it, because life is good. Even though I have this quote by Charles Swindoll stuck on my fridge as a reminder of how important attitude is, sometimes I forget.

The longer I live, the more I realize the impact of attitude on life.

Attitude, to me, is more important than facts. It is more important than the past, than education, than money, than circumstances, than failures, than successes, than what other people think or say or do. It is more important than appearance, giftedness or skill. It will make or break a company... a church... a home.


The remarkable thing is we have a choice every day regarding the attitude we will embrace for that day. We cannot change our past... we cannot change the fact that people will act in a certain way. We cannot change the inevitable. The only thing we can do is play on the one string we have, and that is our attitude... I am convinced that life is 10% what happens to me and 90% how I react to it.


And so it is with you... we are in charge of our attitudes

-Charles R. Swindoll

3 comments:

Frazzled-Razzle-RN said...

Amen! I like this quote especially after the hard few weeks I've been having too. Thanks for sharing; I think I need to look up more inspirational quote to keep me going too.

Marianne said...

This is one of the best quotes I have read in a long time and completely hits home with how I've been feeling lately. Thanks for sharing it, I'm going to print it out!


And in answer to your question (do you have a blog email? I like to reply to everyone that comments via email, if possible!)-- yes, I have my BA in Communications/Journalism (graduated in May 2009), so this will be my second bachelor's, which is how I qualified for the accelerated program. I will strictly be taking nursing classes, which is why it took me so long to get into a program- I had a ton of prereqs to take that I didn't take while earning my first degree (some classes this program didn't require, but other programs did). Hope that answers your question, anything else you'd like to know, email me @ ficklewhitewoman@gmail.com

Headstrong said...

Neat quote, and a good one to have handy! Hope you are feeling a mite less stressed, and life is still good!

On a side note, I'm feeling good - because I found your site again! Somehow I overnight lost more than half the blogs I was following - no idea why - so I have been trying to search, find and refollow. Happy to follow your journey again! Best to you!
Cheers,
Headstrong