Thursday, January 27, 2011

Yin Yang

Sad that Jack LaLanne pasted away, he did so much over the years to encourage people to get off their asses and move.
I could use some of that encouragement now, with school and work it's so easy to just say I'll exercise tomorrow even knowing you feel so much better and think so much clearer when you exercise today.

But my life always seems to be in that Yin Yang flux where one cannot exist without the other.
Unlike the west where people equate it to good and bad I adhere to the Taoists theory in that they balance each other out and are intertwined, just like night and day need each other.

I buy my old fashioned oatmeal, then purchasing one of those strategically placed slices of chocolate cake on the way out. How can one be good or bad?

I exercised inside today because it is was foggy and chilly outside, then read a textbook with a bowl of buttered popcorn. So I can stress about school, but feel satisfied with a buttery treat.



No comments: