Wednesday, January 12, 2011

Optimism May Protect Teens Against Depression

That was the WebMD headline.
My first thought was, no shit. Some definitions of optimism are:
1. The tendency to expect the best and see the best in all things
2. Hopefulness; confidence

So you mean to tell me if I feel good about my future and have an optimistic outlook on life and in some cases the hereafter I won't be as depressed. What a revelation.

These kinds of articles make me want to get my PhD and do research. Because some group of people got a lot of money to do research on this subject. Not that there is anything wrong with that, I'm just saying.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I know what you mean. Somehow I got signed up for regular emails from the AMA with Exciting New Research Findings! Like tired residents make more mistakes or Hey! there are a lot of obese people in the U.S. right now!

Needless to say, I usually skip those gems.

Frazzled-Razzle-RN said...

I agree some people are over paid in doing their job. I guess its all relative, at times I feel like I get paid too much for the job I do, but I guess someone's got to do it.