Wednesday, September 15, 2010

New mentality for spending

In my opinion the recent economic downturn did something good; now some people actually think about how they spend their money. Call them thrifty, frugal, conservative, coupon clippers, cheap, bargain hunters, penny pincher's, tight-wads, stingy, economical, or meager. These labels have become in vogue to wear by many, and not just those struggling to get by.

I remember my grandparents being frugal in their ways, having lived through the great depression their lifestyles were based on it. Basically, you did not waste anything or buy anything you didn't need, how simple is that? Until a couple of generations ago that is how people lived, and not off their parents.

So as I eat my homemade meal and watch my free DVD from the library, I will embrace my cheapness.

1 comment:

Candi said...

I still haven't gotten that one down yet, but I'm hoping to get there one day soon.